Dental Science Building
The Dental Science Building, completed September 2011, incorporates LEED elements in five categories: sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, and indoor environment.
- Energy cost savings of 41 percent above standards required in building codes.
- Collection and storage areas of recyclable materials.
- 81 percent of the total wood-based materials were harvested from Forest Stewardship Council certified forests.
- All indoor adhesive, sealant, paint and coating products meet Volatile Organic Compound standards.
- Lighting controls enable 95 percent of the occupants to make adjustments to suit individual task needs.