Gameday Recycling Program
Kinnick Goes Green
Each fall, Kinnick Stadium goes green to reduce the amount of trash ending up in the landfill after football games. The game day recycling program has three areas of concentration:
- Pre-game: Recycling containers are placed at the Kinnick entrance gates and are staffed by volunteers to help fans sort their recyclable materials.
- Game-time: Food service workers and Aramark collect food and kitchen waste in the concession stands and Press Box areas for composting. Recycling bins are set in the concourse areas, along with the Coca-Cola bottle-shaped bins.
- Post-game cleanup: Students from City High, West High, and Iowa City junior highs clean up the stadium and separate recyclable materials from trash bright and early the morning after each game day.
Game Day recycling is successful because of our amazing volunteers! Be a part of this fun and spirited volunteer opportunity and sign up today!
- Shifts begin two hours before kick-off and end at kick-off so you can still enjoy the game!
- Volunteer groups and individuals welcome!
- Fulfill your service hours early in the school year while having fun!
- Get exposure for your student org and recruit members while making a difference!
Fans can do their part by recycling plastic bottles, cans, plastic souvenir cups, paper cups, popcorn buckets, cardboard and paper. Items not accepted include plastic bags, glass, food or food-contaminated containers. Please empty liquids from containers before recycling!