College of Public Health
The College of Public Health Building, completed 2011, was the first academic building on campus to earn the LEED Platinum certification, the highest standard for green design.
- reflective roofing
- maximal use of natural lighting
- storm drainage that uses vegetation and landscaping rather than curbs and gutters
- low maintenance and zero irrigation landscape design
- waste reduction and recycling practices
- occupancy sensors in offices and other common areas to provide lighting as needed
- proximity to public transportation routes
- water use reduction through low-flow plumbing
- 97 percent of non-hazardous debris was diverted from the landfill and repurposed through recycling centers during constructopm
- dust from the demolition process was specially managed and kept to a minimum.