The University of Iowa encourages bicycling as a safe, healthy and viable form of transportation. In an effort to protect pedestrians, bicyclists and property, the University has established a few common sense rules for operating and parking bicycles on campus.
The Think Bicycles Coalition of Johnson County links cyclists and bicycling groups with city, county and state officials to foster and expand all aspects of bicycling in Johnson County. Think Bicycles seeks to educate all roadway users, to expand cycling infrastructure, to increase access to transportation and recreational trails, and to encourage community members to ride bicycles.
Iowa City Bike Library
The Iowa City Bike Library at 700 S. Dubuque Street is a non-profit bike library program, which also has a rent-a-bench program for people to work on their own bikes and donate parts and accessories. It also offers bicycle maintenance classes and resources.
Iowa Bicycle Coalition
The Iowa Bicycle Coalition promotes cycling as safe and enjoyable recreation and transportation. The non-profit group was launched by bicycling advocates from across Iowa and unites the voices of road riders, mountain bikers, recreation riders, commuters, and anyone else who prefers a bicycle for recreation and transportation.
- Rentals are available on a daily basis at the Recreational Services Outdoor Rental Center.
- Classes and trips are also offered though the Lifetime Leisure Skills program by Recreational Services.
- Map of Bike Racks on campus
- Bicyclists of Iowa City, a group interested in all aspects of cycling.
- Bike Iowa, a hub of central Iowa bike ride organizations and clubs.
- Uiowa Bike Friends, a student org committed to weekly rides.
- Healthy Cycling: A Beginner's Guide
Sign up for Bike @ Iowa Newsletter
The Bike @ Iowa Newsletter is a way to stay informed about university and local level bike events. By signing up, you can receive the latest updates of what's happening on-campus and find out how you can get involved. The newsletter will let you know about upcoming bike events, news and tips.
Click here to sign up for the Bike @ Iowa Newsletter.