Other Recycling Options
You can keep hard-to-recycle items out of the landfill by finding other reuse and recycling options.
- University Property - UI Surplus resells or recycles 1 million+ pounds of University-owned items each year.
- Ink and Toner Cartridges - General Stores recycles ink and toner cartridges. Simply send them via Campus Mail to General Stores, 183 MBSB.
- Universal Waste - UI Environmental Health & Safety handles University-generated items classified as Universal Waste (e.g., rechargeable batteries, CFL bulbs, ballasts).
- Personal Property - Donate to a thrift shop.
- Personal Electronics - Find personal electronics recycling options at several locations in the Iowa City/Coralville area.