Committee Charter Details
Membership. Confirmed by the President of the University (with administrative responsibility for membership and chair appointments handled by the Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations):
- Four members appointed by the governing body of the faculty, currently the Faculty Senate;
- Four members appointed by the governing body of the staff, currently the Staff Council;
- Four members (two undergraduates, one graduate student, and one student from the professional colleges) appointed by the governing body of the students, currently for purposes of this committee, the joint nominations committee of the UISG and ECGPS;
- Administrative liaisons: Director of the Office of Sustainability and Director of Facilities Management; Ex Officio Members: Director of Parking and Transportation; one representative from UI Hospitals & Clinics; one representative from Residence Halls Housing and Dining; one representative each from the Office of the Vice President for Student Life, the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, the Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development, and the Senior Associate to the President.
- Committee will be co-chaired by a faculty member and a staff member; chair selection candidates are submitted to the President of the University by the President of the Faculty Senate and President of the Staff Council.
- Student candidates will have one-year appointments according to their policies and procedures.
- Faculty and staff members will have two- to three-year appointments according to their policies and procedures.
Charge to the Committee.
- The Committee shall be governed by the terms of the General Charter.
- In addition, the Committee shall:
- Recommend and advise on matters pertaining to sustainability practices and formulation of University policies;
- Advise on the integration of sustainability with existing campus programs in education, research, operations, and community outreach;
- Assist in engaging the campus in an ongoing dialogue about sustainability and instilling a culture of sustainable long-range planning and forward-thinking design through their respective constituencies;
- Advise on the development and implementation of campus sustainability action plans.
Monday, August 25, 2014 - 6:49am